Proposal: Support the development of community version of Opium Finance

Hi guys, would progress and deliverables be tracked in Jira and /Confluence then? and are these pages accessible by community?

thanks

Hi Everyone!

Hope Christmas is around with great atmosphere!

Just a short progress update from our side for the past week. We had a productive kick-off and got the following done:

1. Did product investigation in terms of developed functionality;
  2. Created product positioning document;
  3. Conducted Q&A workshop with core contributors.

Our next steps are:

• Prepare requirements for current product;
  • Investigate to-be state of the platform (design + requirements from core contributors).

We are open for your questions and suggestions. Please comment on what you would like us to share and present to the community for open review and discussion.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Best regards,
Codemotion Team

Hi Gregor, all deliverables will be logged in Confluence. Here is a public link, accessible for unauthorized users:
https://codemotion.atlassian.net/wiki/external/3507257474/NDUwZTBhMWI1MDc0NGYxZjg5NTMwNmM[…]NmYxZTUwMGU1MTBiNDlmYjhiM2E0Zjk4ZDQzYTU2NWYiLCJwIjoiYyJ9
There is also link to Jira in confluence page.
Please note, only finalized deliverables are published there.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

There is the result of the voting for the Proposal: Pre-payment for the Business Analyst phase of “Oh My Opium”
https://signal.opium.network/#/proposal/QmQqtBbzxNuV4V3WqMF227iMkykRLmGzXbCe3D46KcUFjq

Thank you very much :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Good afternoon!

We have completed the BA phase and are ready to start the development phase:

1. First, we conducted a code review of the current state of the project. A detailed code review and our recommendations can be found at
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wH7wjOgGgpBX3MYwSr8pqGTcTr9S8kendbR3jozhQxw/edit

2. The following documentation has been described. We have divided the documentation into 2 sections. In the first section, we described the current state of the system, and in the second section, we described how it should work, based on your requirements and the provided design. Documentation can be found at https://codemotion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OMO/pages/3511812109/Discovery+Phase+Deliverables

3. Based on the documentation described in the confluence, some tasks were tested.
    Based on the test results, there were several bugs:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ulieGeE5_ah7ZDCA9TVD2SkWa3ZeIJ2kqfG7FEFyCgs/edit

4. We are also currently validating the design and will soon provide you with a list of what we lack in design.

You are always welcome if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Codemotion Team

As we’ve promised before, after the Business Analysis phase we are providing you with the precise estimated cost and timeline for the development part of “Oh My Opium”.
Following the link, you can find a detailed breakdown estimation - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19s8IRqvV5j1Pskr7o2XWxREKXgmk3issE_LpglAq7B0/edit?usp=sharing

Looks good to me, thank you for the report!

Hi,

Hope all of you are doing great.

Following the link you can find a "Proposal: Grant to Support the development of “Oh My Opium” - Snapshot

Regards,
Codemotion Team

Good afternoon!

We have completed the Sprint 1 and are ready to start the Sprint 2.

During Sprint 1 our team did:

• docs investigation
  • setup environment
  • media querry responsive grid
  • tabs component
  • dropdown component
  • accordion integration
  • network pop-up
  • login pop-up
  • header

Result of Sprint 1: working header with tabs, network switcher, login popup (log in is still only through metamask wallet), log out.
The next Sprint will include work on the Pools page.

Regards,
Codemotion Team

Screen Recording 2022-03-17 at 13.39.12

1 Like

Hello!

We have completed Design Review and described it with main ideas that will be good for the user experience and user interface in Oh My Opium.

We have written recommendations regarding:

• menu
  • tabs
  • hierarchy
  • icons
  • dropdowns
  • user interface

For more details on the report, please follow the link: UX/UI Recommendations for Oh My Opium - Google Documenten

The design we reviewed: https://www.figma.com/file/NHATKI8lCAo2S7MyRccghb/oh-my-opium?node-id=0%3A1

Regards,
Codemotion Team

1 Like

Good afternoon! We have completed Sprint 2 and are ready to start Sprint 3.

During Sprint 2 our team did:

• IPFS investigation
  • setup dev, staging, production environment
  • routing
  • new network (Polygon)
  • list of pools
  • details of pools (without stepper)
  • my pools
  • filtering of pools (programs)
  • filtering of pools (network switcher)

Result of Sprint 2: more advanced header (network switcher), all environments, routing, part of Pools page. The result you can see on the Demo video 31.03. Demo.mov - Google Drive

The next Sprint will include work on the stepper in Pools page, sorting in Pools page, Positions, and wOPIUM page.

Regards,
Codemotion Team

1 Like

Good afternoon! We want to share with you the intermediate result of Sprint 3.

During this time our team did:

• stepper in Pools page,
  • sorting in Pools page,
  • Positions (only layout)
  • wOPIUM page (only layout)

Result: almost finished Pools page, new page as Position and wOpium, log in via new wallet. The result you can see here: Demo 15.04.2022.mov - Google Drive

Now we work with testing and edits.

Regards,
Codemotion Team

Good afternoon! We have already finished Sprint 3 and now we are in the Stabilization phase of development.

During this time our team did:

• edits regarding stepper in Pools page
  • stacking only functionality
  • my stake filtering
  • withdraw positions functionality
  • wrap/unwrap in wOPIUM page
  • image optimization

The result you can see on the Dev environment: https://opiumdevcodemotionninja-development.on.fleek.co/

Link to the repository: GitHub - Daa17/oh-my-opium-Dev

We will write soon regarding our plans and dates of finish.

Regards,
Codemotion Team

Good afternoon! We write with updates.

The report with logged time and task you can find here: Tempo - Codemotion (1).pdf - Google Drive

Now we have in work such tasks

• App optimization
  • To aline dropdown
  • New phase after Wainig phase
  • If the wallet is not connected, please write “Please connect your wallet” instead of network error
  • Withdraw positions
  • Change hardcoded text from the mobile description of the pool
  • Look to the order of actions in the open maintenance popup
  • Edits for sorting
  • Edits for filtering
  • My balance on the wOPIUM page

We plan that all tasks will be completed next week. It may take a little more time for new edits if any will appear.

The result you can see on the Dev environment: https://opiumdevcodemotionninja-development.on.fleek.co/

Regards,
Codemotion Team

Hello @Codemotion

I believe that you guys worked on this, but IMO considering your time and budget reports, delay with the delivery, and looking at the Github commits you shared: this project was implemented by a team of junior devs without much effort from the company itself to anyhow speed up the dev process and make it more efficient. Sorry to say.

Below I show examples that a lot of the time was spent on the project inadequately (due to the simple lack of devs’ knowledge on basic things?). I think it’s not fair to pay for these inefficiencies from the DAO at the expense of the token holders.

I’m only writing it now, as you did not send here any mid-term time and budget reports (also you should send docs in pdf format on IPFS instead of changeable google docs).

Some examples:

1. Wrap / Unwrap

Comparing the initial Oh My Opium with the one that you delivered, I see that there is only a markup change. Which was reported as 5 hours of markup, which is ok. But additionally, there is a time reported for Wrap / Unwrap (which I assume is the same component) and it was reported as an additional 31h (16.5 + 14.5). So almost one week of work on what?

1. IPFS investigation

More than 1 week (49h) was spent on this. I don’t know what was done there, but clearly, it has nothing to do with the React application codebase and I don’t see any impact on the project at all.

1. Stepper

I see that together 2 developers spent like 70 hours on this (almost 2 weeks). It’s clear to me that there is no need to spend such an amount of time on one simple component, that in my opinion will take MAX 3 days for a senior dev to implement from scratch, but not 2 weeks.

1. My stake filtering

Filtering, for almost one week of work (27 hours). Don’t see any impact of this spent time on the project.

And I’m not done yet, I think almost all the reported work was implemented 2-3 times longer than it should have. Examples: sorts, filters, web3 integration (?), staking only functionality, etc.

As far as I understand, in the beginning, there was already a functioning platform, which only needed markup and “additional” functionality, which was confirmed by your BA phase.

A big question to the project manager time reports, that had to spend half of the developers’ time (1 month). What was done there? What took 160h of PM’s work?

Community already paid 6k$ for the BA phase, which was supposed to ease the development process and answer all questions, and it already paid 17k$ for the development itself. You directly dropped these tokens on the market and you are asking 48k Opium tokens, which has extremely low liquidity now and the community holding them, while the team is releasing Opium 2.0 and protocol just started to pick up volumes, partnerships and adoption.

Overall this project is one frontend screen that is according to my experience done with one senior developer within 2-3 weeks max. I show it to a few of my tech lead friends and they access such development to 80-160 man hours of an experienced developer.

Your budget of 42k USD looks 5-10x overpriced and sorry to say but when I see your report with all these completely unnecessary and inefficient charges I have very serious doubts regarding 160 hours of project management and seniority of developers.

Conclusion:
I was paying 12-15k$ for this kind of development (from scratch) and was already considering it inefficient.! 40k$ for this development looks like a robbery to me and I’m voting against the final payment unless we resolve all the questions that arose.

@parasite

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide feedback. We want everything to be as clean and open as possible, so we have sent the detailed task report to your community.

Initial task estimation
The initial estimate is a rough breakdown of time, which includes various risks that may arise during the development process. It is the time that goes beyond - this is the time for risks, which we have now tracked into specific tasks, and in the assessment, they were included as additional activity (code review, refactoring, task analysis, bug fixing 20%, stabilization stage)

Budget
You may notice that the final budget does not go beyond what was predicted during the BA phase. We estimated that the project would take us a total of 450-500 hours of development (without meetings) and 160-220 hours of project management. In fact, we got about the same (520 hours of development and 160 hours of project management), as was described in the document that you all saw at the very beginning.

Logged time
You may also notice that some tasks were not time spent at all, and some really went beyond the initial estimate. During development, some kind of library conflicts, clarifications, and rewriting of already written code often arise, and in order not to create a separate task for each such small task, we tracked all this in a common task. This gave you the impression that some tasks took longer than expected. Therefore, there are no serious deviations from expectations for the budget agreed upon at the beginning.

Requirements
I also want to draw your attention to the fact that in the BA phase, after all, not all points were described, we learned many requirements already in the development process which is more than natural. Therefore, we did not just work with ready-made functionality and make a new markup. We also did an investigation and require clarification, because not everything was included in the initial design (for example, work with phases, networks, and texts related to functionality)

We will write a soon post with an explanation of logged time of the task you wrote about.

750 hours for Oh My Opium
is that a joke!?
maximum 40 hours of one front end developer

Hi guys @Codemotion

you done a nice work. I like the design of it!!!
The code is clean. This project takes more than 40 hours :laughing:

How much do Filter pools cost at all, etc?

OMO-58 / IPFS investigation (49h) as @parasite highlighted. Lots of time spending for investigation. mentioned in your estimate 4 hours. longer in 12 times?

Pls explain it.

@parasite @stingray
Hi guys!

The time spent on a specific task does not mean that it was spent specifically purely on the implementation of this functionality. This could include the developer’s time for merge requests, self-testing, bug fixing, investigation, and code updating.

This is exactly what you can see in the tasks that you have noticed, such as Wrap / Unwrap, Stepper, My stake filtering, and IPFS investigation. Somewhere in the process of development, new interdependencies arose, somewhere new functionality was discovered, somewhere more initial estimated communication and investigation were required.

My two cents:

I have looked at the team and the rates, they look very experienced and senior.

Talking on my experience, front-end itself (https://opiumdevcodemotionninja-development.on.fleek.co/) will be done only by the first developer (7 years of experience) within few weeks. There is no doubts for it, it is clear - markup and simple logic.

However maybe I am missing something - is it only this front end or backend/solidity development?